The other day I was looking at an outfit in my wardrobe that I had not worn too often and realized that my cupboard was full of pieces that had either gone ancient or the ones that I realized were not meant for me. It was a bad day or probably an awakening moment, which made me feel that I have very few men’s clothing articles that were worth the wear. Then I decided to give my closet a cleaning by discarding all the pieces that were just there to occupy space and I had no use of them.
If you are still reading this, I am sure you’re also someone who’s been there and done that to his closet. Well, now I am here to help you out in reinventing your style without making it too expensive for you.
1. Do you need that? Yes! Oh, I don’t mean that you want it, but this is what you should ask yourself whenever you look at the Vans shoes or even the basic men’s underwear. You remember Rebecca Bloomward from the movie “Confessions of a Shopaholic”? That’s exactly what she was taught in her classes to curb her shopping instincts. Even you should do this when you step out to shop. Ask yourself whether you actually need it or not and then go home, see if you actually need it and come back to buy it.
2. Know which brands are your partners in crime: Every brand does not focus on you and you wouldn’t go for the ones that don’t match your standards. Every man has his favorite brand and there’s nothing wrong about it. In order to save money is to opt for the brands you know will not ditch you. For example, one of my favorite brands when it comes to my underneath fashion is Agacio. I would not opt for any other brand when it comes to briefs or boxer briefs because I know that the fit provided by the label would be unmatched and moreover, it’ll be inexpensive. In the case of t-shirts with trousers and more, men would prefer GAP, ASOS and many more.
3. Mix and match: One of the best thing you can do in order to carry different looks every time is to mix and match your style. It is written nowhere that you can only wear the White Oxford shirt with a coat suit. You can also team it up with the versatile Chino trousers and more. It actually gives you opportunities to try different attires.
4. Make use of sales: Have you ever visited those sample sales organized by various designers at the different times of the year? Well, they are must-visit events where you can shop designer pieces at slashed prices. When it comes online, look for the End of Season Sale or Closeout Sale for the grandest of discounts by the big names. That way you can save a lot of money and stock fashionable clothes. Look for the online stores with more than 50% discounts and go up to 90%.
5. Accessorize your looks: Using different accessories is the are of adding glamour to your looks. Accessories have the capability to make or break any personality. For example, when you dress up, look at yourself in the mirror without wearing any accessory (including shades, watch, bracelets, chain or even the hat) and then include them and then check yourself out. You’d know the difference between both the looks.